Unknown reset... how to trace?

Hi all,

I’m using legacy Q64 I bought some years ago to make a demostration, I always used Q64 from external uP using AT commands. Now I’m working with Open AT over SDK.

My application is polling data using AT custom command, like 120 bytes long and sending through TCP socket, It’s polling time it’s configurable from 15s to 3h. If data polling is timed out I send standard data over TCP with TimeOut flag, it could send data all day long. But if I send AT custom command to Q64 over 40 mins o 1 hour with 15s polling time, I can’t continue sending AT custom command, first I check UART1 CTS signal, it is set to “1” so I couldn’t send more AT commands from external app. Then I stop using flow control because CTS never set to “0” (I know I shouldn’t but I have to try :blush: ), but it now crashes with no trace, sometimes with famous ARM abort …, task 0x1F at CP15 with REBOOT FROM EXCEPTION, but must other times it just POWER ON init type.

First:
Which of all flows traces could detect UART1 problems? because I can’t “reset” UART1 flow control problem. Or it’s known that AT commands can’t be sent so quickly.

Second:
Do you think that AT custom command is consuming memory and not releasing so fast :question: Should I go for FCM instead of AT custom command for polling data :question:

And I can’t find meaning for all flows traces and which use to trace problems for each case. I can only bearly undestand some levels of ADL, ATI, NET, SIM and RTK.

Thanks,

Hi,

regarding the traces, you can chek out 3GPP specs to find what exactly the trace means. For ex : NET level traces will tell you about all the communications happening with the network. You can use Wireshark tool for the same.

Thanks, I’ll check 3GPP documentacion because I can’t enable all traces.