EM7345 - Lenovo X1/2G with Debian Linux.

I’m trying to get the EM7345 up and running in general but specifically the GPS on this system, but sofar with no luck. I’ve tried leaving posts on Lenovo but the service there is crap!

I’ve managed to deduce that the USB device is seen with the command ‘lsusb’ with the ID 1199:a001.

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp. 
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 8087:07dc Intel Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 138a:0017 Validity Sensors, Inc. 
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1199:a001 Sierra Wireless, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Next, I checked to see if the appropriate driver is installed on my system and could not find the ID in the list generated with the ‘sudo modinfo sierra’ and ‘sudo modinfo sierra-net’ commands.

I found this old post and downloaded the driver file but it seems to be the one I have already installed.
mycusthelp.net/SIERRAWIRELESS/_c … spx?aid=44

At the moment I’m not using a SIM card as I read that this model does not require one to use the GPS functionality which is my main interest at this moment.

Firstly, is it possible to get this card up and running on Linux and either how or where can I get the driver. Secondly, are my assumptions correct that I do not require a SIM card to receive the GPS signal?

TIA.

Hi,
I think for this case you have to contact lenovo…

Thanks,
ALex

Just for the record: The EM7345 use USB class functions exclusively, and does not need any device specific driver under Linux. It is supported by the standard cdc_acm and cdc_mbim drivers. Both are included with the current Debian stable release (jessie).

Enabling the GPS function probably depends on vendor specific AT commands. The device use an Intel (formerly Infineon) chipset, so you might have some luck looking for generic Intel/Infineon instructions if Lenovo doesn’t provide docs. Or you can snoop on the WIndows applications if Lenovo enable the GPS in Windows. I recommend USBPcap for USB snooping under Windows.