Problems w/ VZ fw & provisioning

Hello,

I have MC7354 cards provisioned for Generic GSM, ATT, and Verizon.

Using either of the former two, a SIM card from a VZ 4G USB dongle, and the APN “vzwinternet” I can get on Verizon’s wireless network and pass traffic to the internet.

Using the card with Verizon’s official firmware and provisioning, I seem to get onto Verizon’s cell (+COPS? shows 0,0,“AT&T”,7), but my DHCP discovery packets get no response. I don’t get an IP address, and I can’t pass traffic to the internet.

So far, my investigations have revealed two possible areas of interest.

1. In response to !GSTATUS, when I am running with a non-Verizon card I see “IMS reg state: No Srv”, while on the Verizon card I see “IMS reg state: Full Srv IMS mode: Normal” All the other fields are the same: System mode: LTE, PS state: Attached, etc.

2. The Verizon provisioned card has 10 different contexts defined by default:

AT+CGDCONT?

+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV4V6","vzwims","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 2,"IPV4V6","vzwadmin","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 3,"IPV4V6","vzwinternet","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 4,"IPV4V6","vzwapp","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 5,"IPV4V6","vzw800","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 9,"IPV6","vzwims","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 10,"IP","vzwadmin","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 11,"IP","vzwinternet","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 12,"IPV4V6","vzwapp","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 13,"IP","","0.0.0.0",0,0

I’ve attempted !SCACT=1,1 and !SCACT=11,1 both exclusively and concurrently. It didn’t help. I’m getting ready to try with each permutation of context activation, but that is shooting wildly in the dark.

Has anyone worked with Verizon firmware and know what to do here? It seems really strange that Verizon firmware is the one to be giving me problems on Verizon’s network.

Thanks much!

I’ve determined that concurrently activating all 5 of the default “IPV4V6” contexts:

AT!SCACT=1,1
AT!SCACT=1,2
AT!SCACT=1,3
AT!SCACT=1,4
AT!SCACT=1,5

before calling “ifconfig eth5 up” results in:

• no error message back ifconfig
  • the DHCP client gets an IP address from Verizon

However, ping to various internet addresses do not get answered. So still working on it…