WS6318 can speak with 'I'

Good day!

I noticed that sometimes from the very begin the WS6318 module could misbehave:

1. No WISMO_READY signal at all.
  2. ON_OFF is kept in low all the time.
  3. WS6318 sends ‘I’ character on different baudrates 115.2 and ~500 kGz. See attached files… The strange thing is that normally this module should work on 9.6 kGz (I have changed the default baud rate).

There were three times when I observed the character ‘I’ on the same WS6318 module. On the other module only items 1 and 2 took place. Other modules (~50) are on the test and haven’t have that problem yet.

Could somebody comment on this? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
SANEL

Hi,

This can be the issue if the module is stuck in bootloader mode. I think we cannot give any AT commands after that. is it the case?

Thanks

Good day!

Thank you for your answer.

I can’t tell where it possible or impossible to Tx AT cmds because this problem was noticed then debugger was disconnected and MCU program was running by it’s own. If WISMO_READY signal is low the program is just waiting when it goes high before sending any AT cmd. That’s why I didn’t see any valuable messages on Tx and Rx pins (except ‘I’ on Rx). The module was on the test where it was switching on and off (approximately 500 times). This issue had appeared for 3 times.

If the module is stuck in bootloader mode what can be done to exit this mode and enter normal mode? Thanks!

Best regards,
SANEL

Good day!

Could somebody comment on this:
If the module is stuck in bootloader mode what can be done to exit this mode and enter normal mode?
Thanks!

Best regads,
SANEL

Hiya,

If module is stuck in Bootloader mode, then you will have to reflash the module with new firmware. Talk to your FAE.

ciao, Dave

Thanks for your response.

A little thing I would like to clarify. When this issue is being come across I turn the power off and on and after this the WS6318 module works fine. Does it mean that the issue is not sticking in bootloader mode but something else? Thanks again!

Beat regards,
SANEL