WS6318. Start bearer command gives error #848

Good day all,

Sometimes then I start bearer with command “AT+WIPBR=4,6,0” WS6318 gives me #848 error (impossible to connect to the bearer). What should I do then to connect?

Could you direct me where could I found an information how to solve this problem. I also hope that document which describes all possible errors and ways of solving corresponding problems might exist.

Thank you in advance!
Sergey

Hi,

Can you please provide the complete WIPSOFT command logs along with WIP DEBUG logs enabled.

Thanks.

Thank you for answering.

Unfortunately I don’t know what is WIPSOFT command logs along with WIP DEBUG logs, but I definitely can provide you with the sequence of AT commands which I send to WS6318 from microprocessor.

1. Switch GSM module on.
  2. Hard reset
  3. AT+PSSREP? /allows me to know where WS6318 is ready or not/ and corresponding response processing.
  4. AT+CMEE=1 /error details/ and corresponding response processing.
  5. AT+WIPCFG=1 /start IP stack/ and corresponding response processing.
  6. AT+WIPBR=1,6 /open GPRS bearer/ and corresponding response processing.
  7. AT+WIPBR=2,6,11,”APN name” /set APN name of GPRS bearer/ and corresponding response processing.
  8. AT+WIPBR=2,6,0,”user name” /set user name/ and corresponding response processing.
  9. AT+WIPBR=2,6,1,”passwd”/set password/ and corresponding response processing.
  10. AT+WIPBR=4,6,0 /start GPRS bearer/ and corresponding response processing where WS6318 gives me #848 error.

If anything else is needed I will try to provide you with it.

Best regards,
Sergey

Good evening!

Let’s continue the discussion.
When WS6318 returns an 848 error I send again the start bearer command (AT+WIPBR=4,6,0) and WS6318 returns me the same error again, I send the AT+WIPBR=4,6,0 again. And so on and so forth.

Eventually, WS6318 returns OK.

The question to discuss is:
What is the algorithm to start the bearer? How much commands I should send?
What is the limit when I should send emergency hard reset?

Thank you!

Best regards,
SANEL

Good day everyone!

Does anyone know the answers to the questions above?
I need a reliable algorithm to solve the 848 error problem.

The important thing is how long WS6318 could respond after it receives AT+WIPBR=4,6,0 (start GPRS bearer)? What are the time limits to wait for the response?
What WS6318 is doing during this time?
What are the reasons when it gives error (e.g. 848) response?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
SANEL

Good day everyone!

Because I can’t find information how to solve error 848 problem and this error appears again and again I ask the community again.

Does anyone know the answers to the questions above?
I need a reliable algorithm to solve the 848 error problem.

The important thing is how long WS6318 could respond after it receives AT+WIPBR=4,6,0 (start GPRS bearer)? What are the time limits to wait for the response?
What WS6318 is doing during this time?
What are the reasons when it gives error (e.g. 848) response?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
SANEL

Hi SANEL,

Try following:

• enable unsolicited outputs: at+creg=2;+cgreg=2;+cgerep=2;+cmee=1
  • if possible, register to another GSM network before starting GPRS (at+cops)
  • check GPRS coverage

Try checking CEER with at+ceer after failure and contact your SIM provider.

regards,
Gregor Bader

Good day!

Thank you for the advice. I will try it.
When I get this error I activate an emergency reset. Again and again. Eventually it might help. But this is too long (up to 30 minutes).

Best regards,
SANEL