WMP100: Correctly using the Alarm Power Mode (ON/~OFF)

Hi,

I’m having trouble understanding how the ON/~OFF pin is to be correctly connected and used. My intention is to wake up the device automatically every x minutes and make use of the Alarm Power mode. I’m referencing here to the “Product Technical Specification and Customer Design Guidelines Rev.12” document.

1. Does the ON/~OFF pin have an internal pull-down? Because in 3.16.3 there is a schematic where the pin is switched between VBATT and nothing (floating). In this case, it cannot be pulled low, so the device cannot enter Alarm Power mode, right?. Also, do any GPIO pins have internal pull-up or pull-down resistors?

2. What should be the default state of the pin? In 3.6, it says “This signal can be left at high level until switch off”. But later “But this is not recommended as it will prevent the AT+CPOF command from performing a clean power-off”. And, finally “After a reset (hardware or software), if the ON/~OFF signal is OFF (Low level), the module will switch OFF”. So how to connect the ON/~OFF pin properly?

Thanks!

Hi,

I guess this APN may help.
http://developer.sierrawireless.com/en/Resources/Resources/AirPrime/Application_Notes_and_Code_Samples/AirPrime_-ON_and_OFF_Management_in_Alarm_Mode-_Application_Note.aspx?FirstName=Lotam&LastName=lotam&Company=n/a&JobFunction=n/a&Country=Hong%20Kong&Email=louis.tam@wavecom.com

Thx

Thanks, I overlooked that document.

Does anyone have recommendation for the Pulse generation, OR-function and Latch devices from that document? Is there a all-in-one device?

Thanks!