Opening TCP socket with WMP100

Hello

I am trying to figure out what at command sequence opens a TCP connection for the WMP series. I need a command to set the network authentication username and passw and connect to an IP address. I see for other modules these WIP commands that complete these tasks. Do I need to upload some wavecom software to the WMP?

How do I complete the at command tasks outlined in this thread while using the WMP100?
forum.sierrawireless.com/viewto … nds#p22945

Here you can get more info for the application you mentioned.
sierrawireless.com/productsa … ernet.aspx

In the download section, you can find the Sierra Wireless Embedded Application Framework (515MB) in which the application binary is included.
You may like to upgrade the FW of your WMP100 as well (included in the Application Framework) if it is outdated.

Thanks lotam, I do have all the open at libraries. I know these features are available through an application but I want to know is if there are any at commands I can manually input through my terminal program to connect to FTP and HTTP and such.

It says at the bottom of the page you linked “The TCP/IP features of the Internet library are also accessible through AT Commands, thanks to the Extended AT application provided by Sierra Wireless.” I can activate context and connect to the network (+CGDCONT and +CGACT) but I can’t find any commands relating to other protocols.

Maybe these features are unavailable through at commands?

Hi,

I think you have to download WipSoft binary to the WMP module before the listed command (at+wipcfg, at+wipbr, at+wipcreate, at+wipdata) to work.

You can use Developer Studio to create and build a WipSoft project and download it to WMP module.

Or you may download the ready to use WIPSoft binary bundled with Sierra Wireless Embedded Application Framework installation, in my case, C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless\Embedded Software\com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.lib.plugin.model.WIP.5.42.0.201108100923_5.42.0.201108100923\resources\WIP\samples\WIPSoft\bin
You can download it using:

Detailed info can be found in help section of developer studio or Sierra doc.

Thanks Lotam I’ve got it all functioning now

Hi mikejamesleslie,
Glad that you got the modem working. I have just replaced the SIM card in my WMP100 modem and need to configure the modem to the new APN, username and password. I have tried using the system above but not connecting.

Could you kindly put me through on the process you followed to get it working.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ebenezer.

Hi Ebenezer,

As you said you are just changing the service provider SIM, I don’t think you need to update the software…
For APN/Username/password change, you just need to configure them using AT command, e.g.
AT+CGDCONT=(cid),(PDP_Type),(APN)
AT+WPPP=(auth type), (cid), (username), (password)
(where auth type: 0 - none, 1 - PAP, 2 - CHAP)

For example:
AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“APN”
AT+WPPP=2,1,“username”,“password”

And if you are using WIP:
AT+WIPBR=2,6,11,“APN”
AT+WIPBR=2,6,0,“username”
AT+WIPBR=2,6,1,“password”

Please refer to AT cmd guide for more info.
Hope it helps.
L

As lotam said, if you’ve just changed the SIM, and it was working before the SIM change, then there should be no need to change firmware simply to update the APN details.

If your WMP100 has an embedded Open-AT application, you will need to consult the application provider or developer for instructions to update the APN details in that application. You should not change the firmware without first confirming with the application provider/developer!

If your WMP100 is controlled by some external application, you will need to consult the application provider or developer for instructions to update the APN details in that application. You should not change the firmware without first confirming with the application provider/developer!