GPS and TCP/IP

Hello,

I need to developp a program on the WMP100 development kit with the GPS plug-in development kit. This program has to read informations from the GPS (latitude, longitude, time) and send this informations to a server using UDP protocol.
The problem is I’m a beginner in Open AT and I have difficulties to understand how does it work!

For now, I can send messages to the server but only using the exemple program. I can’t send when I want in an other program.
And I have got problems with my GPS too because when I execute exemple programs the fix is never obtained and the NMEA frames contains only 0 or non significant numbers.

If somebody has some informations it can help me very much!

Thank you

Hi Agathe N,

→ You can develop your own appl base on sample program to get and process PVT data. Of-course, firstly you must to understand sample code thoroughly.

→ Do you enable antenna, or test at over clear sky?
ttt

Thank you for your answer.

I realise a program in wich I can communicate with a sever in UDP so that point is good!

However about the GPS I have the same problem. I contacted my provider but he didn’t explain to me how to enable antenna. Can you explain?
What I checked is that the UART1 and 2 are enable. But I don’t now about the antenna.

Thank you.

Hi,
I have tested on Fastrack Supreme 20 (Query Application Sample) following steps:

Config one time after download firmware or the first time run modem:
AT+WOPEN=0
AT+WOPEN=3
AT+WDWL
… Download Embedded appli
AT+CFUN=1

AT+WOPEN=1

AT+WHCNF=0,0

AT+WIOM=8,1,0

AT+WIOW=8,0

To debug:
AT+NMEA=1 (or = 0)
AT+CGPS = 2
AT+CONFIG=1 (To save and run always run appl)
(Can send SMS for PVT obtaining: INFO:“Password”:“Phonenumber” )
{Exp: INFO:CGPS[:telephone number]}

To change debug:

AT+CONFIG=0
AT+WOPEN=0
AT+WOPEN=1

… Same these above debug steps.
Hope can help you,
ttt

Hi,

I execute the command you wrote but I obtained that :

AT+WHCNF=0,0
OK
AT+WIOM=8,1,0
+CME ERROR: 3
AT+WIOW=8,0
+CME ERROR: 501

And the NMEA frames are the same.

I think it’s because I use a WMP100 and my provider confirmed to me that the antenna is automatically activate and no command is nedded to activate it.

So the problem still exist!

I resolve the problem and it was so stupid!

The antenna connector was not connected to the board! The welding didn’t exist. I did it and now it work very well!

Thank you for your help.