FW determines number of external interrupts

This is not a question. I just need to share this in case I save a couple of days from somebody else’s life.

I was working with a Q2687RD and I wanted to use the external interrupt INT3. After all the device has a total of 5 external interrupts. I kept getting errors when trying to subscribe with adl_extintSubscribe(3, …);

After lots of debugging I found out that NbExternalInterrupt would give only 2 which was very surprising.

(In my case debugging was even more difficult because INT3 is multiplexed with UART1, which has be deactivated in order to use INT3 https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/safely-enable-and-disable-uart1-on-q2687/5802/1).

To make a long story short, I had loaded FW 7.45.5 (quite old I admit). By upgrading to 7.51 all 5 external interrupts are available now.

I am not sure what’s going on with this issue for FW versions between 7.45 to 7.51. If somebody else knows, it would be helpful to share.

I hope this helps somebody else too.

UART1 & 2 RXD and UART1 DTR can be used as interrupts starting Firmware 7.46. This is mentioned in release notes for Firmware 7.46