[SL6087]Firmware Update

Hello guys,

I’m having some troubles to update de firmware of my SL6087. I’ve searched for some informations, but still can’t do it. Do I need AirPrime Management Services ? I supose that it is possible to do it with hyperterminal, but when I tried to perform the update I’ve got a “Canceled by Remote Computer”.

I did the following steps:

1: AT+CFUN=1 OK
2: AT+WDWL OK
3:Go to TRANSFER icon select SEND FILE browse to drive program files Sierra Wireless>Embedded Software>com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.fw.model.7.46.0.201108091301_7.46.0.201108091301>resources>swift and select dwl.dwl file and press open. Now, in protocol scroll Select 1K Xmodem and press send.

4: Go to TRANSFER icon select SEND FILE browse drive program files Sierra Wireless>Embedded Software>com.wavecom.openat.ide.spm.fw.model.7.46.0.201108091301_7.46.0.201108091301>resources>swift and select R7.46.0_sl6087.dwl file and press open. Now, in protocol scroll Select 1K Xmodem and press send.

If someone can gime me any tip would be great!

Thanks.

Hi,

Please send extra AT+CFUN=1 and AT+WDWL after step 3.

Each dwl file require their own AT+WDWL sequence which may explains…

Hope it helps.
L

Hi,

Thanks, but still the problem is that I can’t update any files. It seems that the module doesn’t accept to be updated.

Hi,

Could you mind to share the AT cmd response during FW upgrade? (Or the screen capture)

Also, please check below FW update procedure for Xmodem.
mycusthelp.net/SIERRAWIRELESS/_c … D=&aid=487

Beside, you can also make use of DWLWIN method.
mycusthelp.net/SIERRAWIRELESS/_c … D=&aid=488

Hope this helps.
L

Thanks Lotam,

I’ll try it than I post a feedback. :smiley:

Hey,

just want to say that I could perform it by the HyperTerminal!

Thank you! :smiley:

Also I want to download wipsoft to the module. Do I perform the same steps?

1. dwl.dwl

2. wipsoft.dwl

Or just do it directly?

Hi,
Good to hear that it works. :smiley:

dwl.dwl required only during FW upgrade, for custom OAT or wipsoft, you can download it directly, still, you need to follow the AT cmd sequence, e.g. init the download mode by AT+WDWL and send the file by xmodem, then AT+CFUN=1.