Help With Using MC7455 with ASUS Router

Hi,

I recently purchased a couple of ASUS routers, RT-AC68U, and set up an AIMesh mesh network in my house. I have been using a MC7455 Card (Sprint Band 25) connected in a USB adapter which has worked through a ZBT WG3526 router. I decided to upgrade because of the mesh network, as well as 4G USB connectivity.

I was disappointed to find out that ASUS did not have the MC7455 listed among compatible modems, so I have attempted to connect manually, but have not had any luck to this point, so for now, I have been using the BT router as an Access Point which then connects to the ASUS WAN port. I would like to have a direct connection, if I knew of a way to do so. I have scoured the forums, but haven’t found what I need.

How do I make this work? Currently, the modem is set up as MBIM protocol with COM port active. I do not possess the skills to figure it out myself.

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA

Are you still working at trying to get the Sierra MC7455 working, connected to the Asus RT-AC68U USB?

Yes, some druvers wiuld be nice.

I got an error message because my response wasn’t long enough. Please give us Windows 10 drivers fir the MC7455 to connect with the ASUS RT-AC68U.

You probably need some OpenWrt (previously called LEDE) on this device. Wireless LAN might not be working anymore if you install this firmware. Your choice.

I have EM7455 and an MC7455 set to MBIM mode, and I’m trying to get either one to work with the Asus GT AC5300 running stock firmware. I was wondering if you had any progress in getting your modem to work on your Asus Router(s)

Hi,
The Asus router may lack some drivers to talk to the MC7455.
You could try to install GobiSerial and GobiNet drivers (from https://source.sierrawireless.com/) into the Asus router to see if the Asus router can talk to MC7455.
If the above action doesn’t work, I think asking for help on any Linux forum would be much more helpful for you.

1 Like