MC7455- Com Ports Disappeared

Hi,

I got this MC7455, as well as a USB adapter with SIM card slot, to upgrade from my Sprint Franklin R850 Hotspot. At first I downloaded the firmware generic 002_017_001, along with GenericDriverSetup_Build4581. Com ports opened and I was able to access the Com Ports to issue commands.

Playing around with AT commands, I decided to try the Generic MC7455_02.24.05.06_00, along with MC7455_GenericDriverSetup_Build4743, When I opened the Huawei Modem Terminal, the Com Ports disappeared.

On my Windows 10 Laptop device Manager, the Sierra Card is found under Network Adapters, and under USB Controllers. The card is working fine at the moment, but I plan to install the card in a ZBT WG3526 router that has a mini PCIe slot and SIM slot. How do I change commands in that environment?

I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, but the COM ports did not appear. What should I do?

Hello,
This problem needs a detailed technical analysis. Please contact your Technical support in SWI to provide you the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

No it doesn’t.

Connect the device to some Linux PC, the ports should appear there, called ttyUSBx. There is also a driver option for Windows.

For Windows there is some file called configuration.ini, then change USBCOMP=8.

Reinstall the Sierra Wireless Windows driver package with ‘USBCOMP=8’ as a command line parameter This will select a default USB composition with the DM NMEA AT and MBIM functions enabled.

Reinstall the Sierra Wireless Windows driver package with ‘USBCOMP=8’ as a command line parameter This will select a default USB composition with the DM NMEA AT and MBIM functions enabled.

When I reinstalled the generic driver package, a Command Prompt type window opened, but The only thing I could do was “Hit Enter to Continue”. How do I add the command in the window?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I believe you should extract out SIERRA driver (exe format) using any other tools into a temporary directory and believe it has a “configuration” file where you can change 'USBCOMP=8" as mentioned and execute that related setup file.

I got the com Ports back. I found this website: ://zukota.com/sierra-wireless-em7455-how-to-enable-com-ports.

I downloaded Umbuntu software and an IOSYS installer, and loaded it on a USB thumb drive, then changed the BIOS boot options to boot from the thumbdrive. It worked pretty fast, but the Umbuntu is a large file, over 1GB compressed.

I wound up doing it several times, because it seemed every time I started Windows 10 with the card attached, the com ports disappeared again. The WG3526 router would not recognize the modem in MBIM without the COM Ports.

Thought I would pass it on. It took a while to load the software to do the fix. It would be nice to have a Windows accessible settings interface window where it wouldn’t be so tedious for a non-IT person to adjust settings.

Hello,

I just want to give my input where I had tried re-installed latest Sierra QMI drivers as yours for my EM7455 on DELL E7270 running Windows 10 where previously all related devices are shown inside Windows Device Manager BUT as you had mentioned related device(s) under Modem and Ports were missing except under Network and USB. I’ve un-installed that QMI drivers and remove directory “Sierra Wireless Inc” and re-installed that SIERRA QMI Drivers (Build4581) via command line by supply “USBCOMP=8” and that missing related devices under Modem and Ports were resolved.