MC7455 and GNSS

Hi!

I have bought MC7455 and MC Development Kit, mainly to evaluate the GNSS receiver capabilities. I’m using a Linux laptop, connected to DevKit with USB.

I send AT commands from Minicom to command and monitor MC7455. However, it’s a bit unclear for me which GNSS systems are available, and how to configure the receiver. For example, how to enable BeiDou or Galileo? AT Command Reference doesn’t seem to help in this matter.

Is there a nice GUI somewhere for testing/monitoring GNSS receiver of MC7455, or Qualcomm modems in general…?

-Karppa

Hi,

There are AT commands to configure BeiDou and Galileo. Please contact your Technical support in SWI to provide you the solution.

Thanks and Regards,
Rex

Hi,

From the support page:

“Direct support is available only with a current Support Agreement and a customer login.”

I don’t have a Support Agreement with Sierra Wireless. But somehow I would expect that if I buy a product, I also get up-to-date documentation for it.

Anyway, I have found out that at!gnssconfig should configure the receiver, but it doesn’t seem to work as expected:

at!gnssconfig?
GPS: 1
GLONASS: 1
BDS: 2
GAL: 2

OK
at!gnssconfig=1,0,0,1
OK
at!gnssconfig?
GPS: 1
GLONASS: 0
BDS: 2
GAL: 2

at!gnssconfig isn’t documented at all in the “AT Command Reference” document (Rev 3).

Br, Karppa

Hi,

If you need any technical analysis for your issue. Please contact your Technical support in SWI to provide you the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Rex