MC7455 /dev/cdc-wdm0 not identified as Modem

Hi,

For my project I am planning to use MC7455 module for LTE connection and also as GPS receiver. After powering up the system I could see that the device is getting attached. I am using Linux Kernel:4.9.39 and the build system is Yocto(Pyro).

I am planning to use connman as the connection manager. Connman uses ofono for Modem related functionalities. The versions used are: Connman: 1.34 Ofono: 1.20.

I tried to use the test scripts provided by Ofono. But after running the scripts, I am seeing that the modem is not getting identified. The log messages are as follows:

root at cl-som-imx7:/usr/lib/ofono/test# ./list-modems
root at cl-som-imx7:/usr/lib/ofono/test#
root at cl-som-imx7:/usr/lib/ofono/test# ./enable-modem
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./enable-modem”, line 14, in
path = modems[0][0]
IndexError: list index out of range

I also tried using Modemmanager , modem manager also fails to attach the device. The log messages are as follows:

cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Reading expected data format from: /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Allocating new client ID…
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Registered ‘wda’ (version 1.16) client with ID ‘1’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Writing expected data format to: /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Reading expected data format from: /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Releasing ‘wda’ client with flags ‘release-cid’…
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Unregistered ‘wda’ client with ID ‘1’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Registered ‘dms’ (version 1.14) client with ID ‘2’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Registered ‘nas’ (version 1.25) client with ID ‘3’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Registered ‘wms’ (version 1.10) client with ID ‘2’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Registered ‘uim’ (version 1.45) client with ID ‘2’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: (ttyUSB2): port attributes not fully set
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: couldn’t load list of Own Numbers: ‘Couldn’t get MSISDN: QMI protocol error (16): ‘NotProvisioned’’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: No valid PRI+MODEM pairs found. Assuming firmware unsupported.
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: Modem: state changed (unknown -> disabled)

May I know what is the issue. I have flashed the latest MC7455 firmware.

Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
Model: MC7455
Revision: SWI9X30C_02.24.03.00 r6978 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2017/03/02 13:36:45
MEID: 35907206082918
IMEI: 359072060829187
IMEI SV: 9
FSN: LQ716600820410
+GCAP: +CGSM

Regards,
Vinoth

This looks fine to me. What problem do you have?

Hi,

Normally I use ofono to connect the MODEM to internet. But the ofono is not able to identify any modems.

With Modemmanager I saw some error messages,

cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: couldn’t load list of Own Numbers: ‘Couldn’t get MSISDN: QMI protocol error (16): ‘NotProvisioned’’
cl-som-imx7 ModemManager[223]: No valid PRI+MODEM pairs found. Assuming firmware unsupporte

So I thought that Modemmanager is also not able to connect to the Module.

I am seeing two different protocols :MBIM and QMI . I am confused by what should I use. I have worked previously with TELIT modems which uses QMI protocol . If I understood the technical specification, SIeraa supports both QMI and MBIM. I can change this by using the AT command " AT!USBCOMP " . The RMNET corresponds to QMI.

Regards,
Vinoth

These are warnings, not errors.It just means that MM will list your number as ‘unknown’ and the firmware management interface will be unable. But I don’t see how that is a problem unless you were looking for those specific features.