Windows 10 Cellular, Cellular2, Cellular3 interfaces

Using the Windows driver package 'GenericDriverSetup_Build4581.exe ’ on MC7354 modules, our systems present three logical network adapters:

• ‘Cellular’

• ‘Cellular 2’

• ‘Cellular 3’

Under differing operating conditions we seem to achieve connection on different interfaces.

Is there any explanation available for what sort of functionality these interfaces represent?

Do they represent different technologies (LTE, CDMA, GSM), or band selections, or something else altogether?

Is there any guidance available toward how they might be most reliably configured on Windows 10 to best achieve “always-on” IPv4 connectivity for unattended and deeply embedded applications?

Thanks!

Jerry Hicks.

Related to this, selecting a USB composite mode using MBIM instead of QMI, we observe that Windows 10 presents only a single network interface for cellular and performance/reliability seems much improved.

In fact, we are able to achieve good connectivity without even installing any IHV driver package, relying exclusively upon the built-in Windows 10 support for MBIM modems.

Can the community share any guidance of the preferred configuration for Windows 10 using the MC7354?

QMI or MBIM? My preference is for the latter but I have to convince quite a few stakeholders that my preference is correct.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks.