7355 : accidentally used NVSPCODE. How do I remove it?

Hello

I am learning how WWAN modules work for a summer class. I started by reading the manual, and looking at the values of variables.

But due to a copy paste error, I did add a SP code to the NV ram. I though I could overwrite it, then later replace it by something empty but it did not work. I then thought maybe it works like the CGD context and giving the same value twice would remove it, but it only made it worse and added the same value again!

Here are the commands I typed:

at!NVSPCODE?
SP Code :
   ?

OK
at!NVSPCODE=18
OK
at!NVSPCODE?
SP Code :

OK
at!NVSPCODE=34
OK
at!NVSPCODE?
SP Code :

OK
at!NVSPCODE=34
OK
at!NVSPCODE?
SP Code :

OK

I had read about NVBACKUP yet, but I had not started doing changes, so I do not have a backup. After that, I did a backup but it is not very helpful now.

Can someone tell me how to remove this? I have access to the other tools, but I do not want to make the problem worse. So I have not powered off the device yet.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Have you tried

AT!ENTERCND=“A710”
AT!NVSPCODE=""

Because AT!NVSPCODE? is to list down Network Service Provider codes.

Unfortunately, it does not work.

I tried empty lists before. It only work with 2 digits, and it only add them to the existing list

AT!ENTERCND=“A710”
OK
AT!NVSPCODE=""
ERROR

Further details: the list survives NVDEF

AT!NVDEF
!NVDEF: Wiping NV, restoring defaults for FD…
NV Items Defaulted: 1182

AT!NVSPCODE?
SP Code :

OK

(yes, I tried to add another 18 to see what would happen)

The main issue is that I can no longer connect to any CGDCONT: it fails with the error:
+CME ERROR: requested service option not subscribed

With a Sprint firmware and a valid account, the modem can no longer connect or even do OTA.

I tried with various AT&T simcard: same problem. I can see the network with AT!GSTATUS but if I try to connect, whether manually or with Skylight, it disconnect immediately.

Help??

My best bet at the moment is to use QXDM to remove this list, if someone can tell me where to look.

Hi,

I have MC7304, MC/EM7455 modules where installed on LENOVO X220/X220T and DELL E7240 running windows 10 pro 64bit and Ubuntu 17.04. Actually I haven’t done any other parameter changes. I believe if you could try rese to "factory default’ then it would resolve that current problem.

I tried resetting to default by overwriting each of the 17 mtd paritions using adb and binaries taken from a known-good 7355.

It did not work. I can’t reflash anything on this 7355 at the moment. It seems stuck in qloader mode, and does not takes the flash

If you still have access to the modem COM port, you might try restoring the MC7355 to the OEM SKU:

at!RMARESET= (See Below)

Restore Modems (Type of restoration)
• OEM=Default OEM provisioned state
• RTN=OEM provisioned state plus activation and Sprint-related settings

If you do not have access to the modem COM port, you might try one of the workarounds listed HERE to access it.

After the flash to the AT&T firmware, I noticed the device was quite unstable. I tried to fix that but it did not help.

Before getting your message, I tried reflashing it again, now I get:

FDT version: 5.0.1501.1
Checking modem mode ...
Disabling selective suspend ...
Switching device to boot & hold mode ...
Checking modem mode ...
Switching device to streaming mode ...
Checking modem mode ...
Verifying image file ...
Downloading firmware ...
Flashing firmware ...

Resetting device ...

Firmware download failed.
Primary error code: 4 - Device is removed.
Secondary error code: 0 - Not applicable.
Device error code: 0x0 - Successful.
Total time elapsed: 252735 ms.

It only shows a DM port in the device manager. I do not have access to the modem com port for AT commands, but also Skylight detects no device - so I think the problem is deeper. I would like to restore all the partitions (shows with AT!PARTINFO)

Any idea on that?

Also, could you please post a link to the rar file in the website you linked? (or send it to me by PM) I do not have permissions to view it.

Hello,

Have you tried installed on Ubuntu ? Because I’ve an experience where on windows environment I’ve wrongly changed PID for MC7304 which causes that module was not recognized by windows. I managed to resolve this issue by install on Ubuntu where we could see this module inside “lsusb” and “/etc/ttyUSB2”. In windows environment, if “DM” port was listed inside Windows Device Manager, by right you could access that module for “AT” commands. Could you list down any other devices for that module inside Windows Device Manager for these items (Modem, Network, Ports, USB).