MC8775 (HP) Windows 7 Driver signature/installation issue

Having difficulty getting an MC8775 to work on a Windows 7 system. Its been working fine previously, so can confirm it is definitely compatible, but a recent system change seems to have messed it up.

At the moment, the WWAN module is installed, and is showing up in the device list under network adapters, but there’s a Code 52 next to the device saying:

“Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)”

I installed the original (HP/Sierra Wireless) drivers from disk, so there shouldn’t be any problems, but in this case have tried updating through Windows Update to see if it worked, which it didn’t. It just says the driver software is up to date.

Previously it wasn’t showing up in the device list, but I managed to add it using “add legacy hardware”.

I have also gotten a “code 10” (?) error in the past, saying that the device was unable to start up, so I got a spare MC8775 of the same kind to test, and am still having issues. This would suggest that its not a problem with the card, but more likely a driver/software issue.

Interestingly, I’m having trouble uninstalling the “HP Mobile Broadband” under remove programs in control panel, in order to perform a clean reinstall. If I input the disk and run setup it goes through the installation process, but typically a more concise one, suggesting its not going through the complete installation process.

Any assistance on this one greatly appreciated. Cheers.

One message that does seem to appear from time to time is "Warning- failed to initialise SWiHpAux.dll if that means anything to anyone?