Lock on PCI

Using the MC73xx, I can lock on Band and Channel. Is there any way I can lock on a specific PCI (for LTE)?

Would be interested too.

Hi,
how to set band13 frequency and how to lock band13 in MC7354 by using AT commands.

No answers? I would be interested too

There is an SDK function that does this. But I am not sure if this has been implented on the modem side.

SLQSNASSwiSetChannelLock()

I am always getting 1071 returned (aka Invalid QMI Command).

I am intereted in the PCI lock too, on EM9190. Any commands to call the SDK function?

@fliang

There is no way to do this on the 5G units.

Regards

Matt

@mlw I heavily doubt this.
One can limit allowed bands via AT!BAND, setting masks for LTE/5GSA/5GNSA.

@stefanbruens

You are indeed able to restrict the bands on which the unit can operate using the command you have specified but further restricting the unit down to a specific PCI is not possible.

Regards

Matt

Thanks @mlw . Any plan to lock the PCI in near future? We would need that for some interference test.

@fliang

None that I am aware of, we get this request from time to time but its not something small to implement and thats if the API’s that QC offer on a given chipset allow you to do it. From previous experience there is no actual way to implement this but you have to hack it so that it will not change even when the network asks the unit to.

Regards

Matt

still not possible? It’s possible to do on rooted phones(Qualcomm ones) so why not on the modules?
I am doing a development project and without a lock, it’s not possible.

It’s there in the market like CPEs from Huawei, green packet allows it.