MC7354 : Got QMI error: 'CallFailed' when starting network

Hope someone can help me out… as I am new to this wireless business.

Currently, I can use MC7354 to start network using IPv4 without problem.
[MC7354 has firmware version: SWI9X15C_05.05.58.00 r27038]

When trying to use IPv6, I got error when starting the network:

Before running “qmicli” (version 1.16.2), I execute these AT commands:

• AT+CGDCONT=1,“IPV6”,“lteinternet.apn”
  • AT$QCPDPP=1,0"

qmicli -d /var/run/dev/phone0_qmi --wds-start-network=“apn=lteinternet.apn,ip-type=6” --client-no-release-cid -v

Here is the log when doing IPv4:

Questions:

1. Am I missing something? Some AT commands I have to run first?
  2. Is MC7354 supporting IPv6?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Terry

You shouldn’t need any AT command first when setting up the connection with an explicit APN (i.e. “apn=xxx” parameter in qmicli for APN and “user=xxx” and “password=xxx” for auth); unless for some reason your operator requires a explicit set of APN settings in a given PDP context number (Verizon does that if I’m not mistaken). That is generally not the case I’d say.

Regarding IPv4 vs IPv6, I believe the MC7354 does support IPv6 but I’ve personally never tested that. When running the qmicli command we set that IP type preference in a specific TLV in the “WDS Start Network” command. But there is another way to request it, which is to use the explicit command to request that: “WDS Set IP Family”. This latter method is what we use in the QMI support in ModemManager, so as a quick test I’d suggest you try to connect using MM because there is no qmicli command implemented yet to run “WDS Set IP Family”