Help with MC7455 in OpenWRT router

Your client is what determines the ttl. The script I gave you makes all devices use the ttl that Verizon wants to see. It’s the same ttl that would be on the phone by itself.

Just so I’m clear…this line should have a 128 at the end and not a 64?

iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o get_wanface -j TTL --ttl-set 128

No. It should be 65

I got it to work!!! Thank you! Here’s what I used:

iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 64

Should I still change it to 65 even though it worked?

My speeds were 0.6 before the change and 30 after, at least on my PC. My iMAC is a different story. Both computers are connected to the same ethernet cable via a switch so there shouldn’t be any difference in the signal. Speedtest on the iMAC, however, still won’t go above 0.6. It follows the same route as my PC…through the Linksys router running OpenWRT connected to the MC7455 modem. Any ideas why this might be happening?

I tested the speeds on my phone connected to the Linksys router and got 30 download also.

Try both and see.

I changed the value from 64 to 65…

iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j TTL --ttl-set 65

…and my iMac’s speed immediately jumped up to normal speeds.

Thank you for helping me out. I hope this is a permanent fix for the “hotspot” problem.

I have a Mikrotik 912UAG-5HPnD-OUT running LEDE 17.01.4… I have a mPCIe Sierra MC7455 card in the slot on the router board with an ATT SIM installed as well. I’ve been searching, reading and trying all steps I could find, but I’ve not been able to figure out how to configure this card. So far, here is what I see:

oot@LEDE:/dev# dmesg | grep usb
[ 4.019693] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[ 4.025357] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[ 4.030931] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[ 10.727496] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_wdm
[ 10.873640] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
[ 10.879752] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
[ 10.886481] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
[ 10.962841] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ncm
[ 11.115515] usbcore: registered new interface driver qmi_wwan
[ 11.123880] usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra
[ 11.129736] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for Sierra USB modem
[ 11.139485] usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra_net
[ 11.174805] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_mbim
[ 11.187634] usbcore: registered new interface driver option
[ 11.193487] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)
[ 11.206390] usbcore: registered new interface driver qcserial
[ 11.212422] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for Qualcomm USB modem

====================

root@LEDE:/dev# ls
bus mtdblock0 ttyS13
console mtdblock1 ttyS14
cpu_dma_latency mtdblock2 ttyS15
full mtdblock3 ttyS2
hwrng mtdblock4 ttyS3
kmsg mtdblock5 ttyS4
log mtdblock6 ttyS5
memory_bandwidth network_latency ttyS6
mtd0 network_throughput ttyS7
mtd0ro null ttyS8
mtd1 port ttyS9
mtd1ro ppp ubi0
mtd2 ptmx ubi0_0
mtd2ro pts ubi0_1
mtd3 random ubi0_2
mtd3ro shm ubi_ctrl
mtd4 tty ubiblock0_1
mtd4ro ttyS0 urandom
mtd5 ttyS1 watchdog
mtd5ro ttyS10 zero
mtd6 ttyS11
mtd6ro ttyS12

I don’t know what else to do. If anyone can assist me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!

1 Like

Very interesting! Thanks you

hgkjlkl

QMI LOC based support in MM is a reality (working for devices both in QMI or MBIM mode), see QMI LOC based GPS positioning for QMI and Qualcomm-based MBIM devices (!10) · Merge requests · Mobile broadband connectivity / ModemManager · GitLab

Thank you for your notice. We will try it out a bit later, at the moment we are debugging a different problem that is unrelated to MM. I will let you know of the results how well the new LOC support is working.

My apologies if this is the wrong section for this but i recent got a WG3526 router that supports the linux-based OpenWRT firmware. I also installed a MC7455 module which allows one to get internet access from a SIM card. Although I have gotten it to work and i can access and adjust settings within openwrt i notice the internet is unstable. When i jump to different sites it will work just fine but then suddenly at random whe i revisit some of those visited sites again, after not visiting them for a while, then the sites will either return 404 or return back partial. For example, if i visit some visit some investment sites like say this questrade review or even cnn when i start my 3526 from a cold boot then both will come down perfectly …but then lets say i begin playing videos on Youtube for a while, but then i return to the review or cnn…when i do that those pages will either return 404 or come down partially. I could then quickly jump to any other site (that i haven’t visited before) and it will work just fine. So it’s not that the router is experiencing some hiccup at that exact moment since if it was, that page should come down as a 404 or garbled too but they don’t.
for ore information about jobs visit here careerjobs360

So, after 2 years of using a Verizon sim card with my Linksys WRT1900ACS and Sierra Wireless MC7455 modem, it will no longer connect/register to the 4g network and I get an email from Verizon with this message:

“Someone on your account has switched from the Samsung to the by moving SIM cards. This change, however, will not work because the SIM is on an unlimited plan and incompatible with . We recommend replacing the SIM in the original or other compatible device.”

Does this mean my journey to have a 4G router on my Verizon unlimited plan has come to an end? I’ve tried everything I know to get it to work again (which actually isn’t much). Has Verizon cracked down this much and I won’t be able to get it to connect anymore? Not sure where to go from here except to cancel this line of service and sell the equipment. Has anyone else run into this?

Keith

In an attempt to get my Sierra MC7455 to make friends with my TP-Link Archer c2600 in QMI mode.

There has only been on irregular thing for this setup:

Kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan package is for a later kernel I believe than what the Archer Lede Firmware has… so I had to force install it.
if anyone interested in game visit Arafura games 2019

Hey,

I’m a bit offtopic, but I wanted to use this thread cause I don’t think my question is worthy of its own.

Do you guys know if I can configure an MC7455 as a Wi-Fi transmitter instead of receiver. I’d like to use it as an access point, so to speak, but I don’t know if it’s even possible.

Uh, yeah, that’s a bit off topic. Can you please start your own thread?

So, after 2 years of using a Verizon sim card with my Linksys WRT1900ACS and Sierra Wireless MC7455 modem, it will no longer connect/register to the 4g network and I get an email from Verizon with this message:

“Someone on your account has switched from the Samsung to the by moving SIM cards. This change, however, will not work because the SIM is on an unlimited plan and incompatible with . We recommend replacing the SIM in the original or other compatible device.”

Does this mean my journey to have a 4G router on my Verizon unlimited plan has come to an end? I’ve tried everything I know to get it to work again (which actually isn’t much). Has Verizon cracked down this much and I won’t be able to get it to connect anymore? Not sure where to go from here except to cancel this line of service and sell the equipment. Has anyone else run into this?

Keith

This sounds strange. Have you removed a word there? Anyway, I suppose they checked the IMEI and saw that it’s not a Samsung device. I don’t know if it’s possible to change the IMEI on a MC7455. Some Huawei sticks are capable of doing that.

I had the Sim activated in a Note 3 and then just switched the SIM to the MC7455 so does it even see the IMEI on the MC7455? As soon as I put the Sim back into the Note 3 everything works fine.

The message from Verizon is weird, but that’s exactly how I received it. Wherever there’s a blank and seems like something is missing I guess technically that’s where it would say mc7455.

I never changed anything. It just one day quit working and I haven’t been able to get it to connect and register on Verizon’s Network since.

Yes, the ISP can see the currently active IMEI.

Make sure your USBComp mode is 10D. If the modem is in MBIM mode it won’t load any drivers but the serial ones.
Evets