FXT009 with AirVantage

I am not sure which area to put my question, but here goes

Instructions in AirVantage

1. Provide the IMEI and Serial Number of your System
  2. Switch on your System
  3. In the modem check that communications with AirVantage M2M Cloud Platform are configured: “AT+WDSC=3,x” (x being the frequency of connection in minutes) then “AT+WDSS=1,1”
  4. At first connection the AirVantage M2M Cloud Platform will synchronize your new system

I just took my FXT009 modem and registered it (step 1) on AirVangage, and that worked fine.
I then tried to follow the steps that it gives to connect (step 2), but my modem responds to the “AT+WDSC=3,3” command that I give with “ERROR”. Same if I try “AT+WDSC?” or “AT+WDSC=?”.

my version of firmware in the FXT009 is 4.74.4

I assume I am missing a step in here somewhere, but don’t know what it is?

Please enable result code using “AT+CMEE=1” in order to get the exact error reason then try again.

Also, please check using “AT+WDSG?” to show the current status of device services.

Thx

Thank you for your fast response.

Here is what I get after AT+CMEE=1:
from AT+WDSC=3,3 I get:
+CME ERROR: 654
which I looked up in the command guide and got: RDMS services are in
DEACTIVATED state

from AT+WDSG? I get:
+CME ERROR: 3

I should note that I am note sure that I do not have problems with the modem, I have to reboot it occasionally because it stops responding. This is especially true when using Developer Studio for the communication, but less of a problem when using RealTerm.

I tried one more time the AT+WDSG command and I got:

+WDSG: 0,1
+WDSG: 1,0

which says: device services are deactivated. Connection parameters to a Device Services server have to be provisioned.

we have a SIM card that we believe is activated, what do I need to do the next step?

thanks in advance.

Hi,

Sorry for the extra “?” in my previous response.

Could you please try send below with APN value modified to the actual APN supported by your carrier?

AT+WDSS=0,“APN”
AT+WDSS=1,1

And here’s my log:

As you can see it is at least able to establish the connection and +WDSG shown “0,3”, e.g. activated.

Hope it helps.
Thx

Ok thank you that has helped a lot, I now have sent all of the commands with the same results as you have:

+WDSS=0,“orange”

OK

+WDSS=0,“orange”

OK

+WDSG

+WDSG: 0,3

OK

+WDSC=3,3

OK

+WDSS=1,1

+CME ERROR: 133

+WIND: 15,1,“Orange F”,2,“Orange F”,3,"+08",4,“13/07/17,12:29:06+08”

+WDSS=0,“M2M/Internet”

OK

+WDSC=3,3

OK

+WDSS=1,1

OK

+WDSG

+WDSS?

+WDSS: 0,“M2M/Internet”

+WDSS: 1,1

+WDSS: 2,0

OK

+CSQ

+CSQ: 20,0

OK

I have included a check of the signal strength which is fine, but in my AirVantage account, the system stays in READY mode meaning that we have not yet had the first communication. The one thing that I now see lacking in the configuration is how I am telling the system that it needs to talk to AirVantage?

Hi Don,

I suspect your device to be set with EU datacenter URL for the OMA-DM layer, whereas your AirVantage trial account (which is very recent) is hosted on NA datacenter.

Can you please check this:
AT+WDSW=14,10

http://na.m2mop.net/oma/omadm<CTRL+Z>

If you get an error or KO, it means your device talks to the wrong server (the OMA-DM layer).
In that case I’ll tell you how to fix it.

.Thibault.

thank you,

I tried twice and here is the log

AT+WDSW=14,10

AT+WDSW=14,10

so, yes, thank you for letting me know what I need to do.
:slight_smile:

Don

Don, on the second line, you have to type “http://na.m2mop.net/oma/omadm<CTRL+Z>” :slight_smile:

.Thibs.

Sorry,

I thought the second line was a response. Here is what I got today after better following your instructions.

AT+WDSG

OK
at+wopen?

+WOPEN: 0

OK
AT+WDSW=14,10

na.m2mop.net/oma/omadm
ERROR
AT+CMEE=1

OK
AT+WDSW=14,10

na.m2mop.net/oma/omadm
+CME ERROR: 3

(in the log I had to add the , because it does not come through, but yes I did use it)

Don

Ok. That’s what I suspected: your device’s firmware is set to talk to the EU datacenter for OMA-DM communications, while your newly created AirVantage trial account is hosted on NA datacenter. We’ll have to fix this issue on AirVantage side.

Meanwhile, you can fix the setup on your device, and change the server URL in your firmware with the command:

at+wdsw=3,2,"./Wm/SCmd","<HASHED_URL>"<RETURN>
><SIGNATURE><CTRL+Z>

Unfortunately, I cannot post the hashed URL & signature on the forum. I’ll PM you in a minute.

.Thibault.

ok,

I changed over to realterm from using developer studio for my interface so I could better control the data output
and received better responses (this was for the wdsw command with hashed_url and signature).

I received only an ‘OK’ from that command, but now I have:

+WDSW=14,10

na.m2mop.net/oma/omadm
OK
+WDSC=3,3
OK
+WDSS=1,1
OK
+WDSG
OK

And as of now, I still have ‘not synchronized’ in AirVantage register area and ‘ready’ in AirVantage Inventory :frowning:

Don

Hello,

your APN seems to me very strange. Are you sure is not “M2M.internet” ?

when you do an at+wdss=1,1, you should see:
+WDSI: 4

+WDSI: 8

if not, no chance to be synchronized.

Robert

You were correct that the APN I had was not the right one for me, although it did get me the shown for the AT+WDSG command.

The correct APN according to the documents that I have received is “orange.m2m.spec”. I changed this and still have no sync and only have an “OK” when I send the WDSS command.

I have the concern that maybe it is my Orange account that is blocking me now as it says that this APN is “adressage IP privé”.

Could this be a problem?

Don

ok,

If you have OK, the connection should be sucessfull.

Can you do that:

to get more information about your command.
Check the apn and supply return message:

Then do the test:

You should get the +WDSI error code I talked about in a previous message.

finally, can you check your APN configuration? It should be ok as this seems a public APN.

ok, here is what I have.

+WDSI=8191

OK

+CGDCONT?

+CGDCONT: 4,“IP”,“orange.m2m.spec”,0,0

OK

+WDSI: 5

+WDSS?

+WDSS: 0,“orange.m2m.spec”
+WDSS: 1,1
+WDSS: 2,0
OK

+WDSG

OK

+WDSS=1,1

OK

This did not connect so I tried the CGDCONT configuration with “PPP” but still did not get anything at AirVantage. Unfortunately I then set up a configuration ‘1’ so now I have two configurations, and should eliminate one of them.

but I just got a:

+WDSI: 7 (but this was with 2 configurations both with “PPP”)

In the AT command interface documentation, in the 27.7 Device Services Indications +WDSI section, you have the event meaning (page 198):
Event: 4 => the embedded module starts sending data to the server
Event: 5 => authentication with the server failed
Event: 6 => authentication has succeeded, a session with the server started
Event: 7 => session with the server failed
Event: 8 => session with the server is finished

In you case, event 5 shows clearly the issue.

Can you check the imei and S/N from your device:
at+wimei?
at+wmsn

Then can you reboot your device (if you didn’t do it each day) and test again with at+wdss=1,1 command.

Finally, can you confirm you only switch on your device after the portal configuration in the Register activity?

We can see your device on the portal log and the credentials sent are not correct.
Your device seems in bad state.

Regards.

ok,

I have:

+wmsn

Serial Number BH3220191308101

OK

+wimei?

+WIMEI: 353270041468820

OK

Sorry I do not understand this line!

“Finally, can you confirm you only switch on your device after the portal configuration in the Register activity?”

Don

I just asked you did nothing else:

• register your device on the portal
  • swith on it
    You did not upload application on the device by the developer Studio, …

Unfortunely yes I did. Under pressure early on, before a couple of fixes were given, I ran the example program for sending data, and have run the hello world program. So I broke something???

Oh and I did a software update to match that used by the sending data example as well.

Don