Jamming - SL6087

Hi All,

I’m using the SL6087 along with 7.47 and the security lib.
I’ve found that jamming is detected perfectly, but when the jammer is switched off there is never an update to the jamming callback. So the application is not aware that it is no longer being jammed.

When I run this on the WMP100 though, the callback is updated when there is no longer jamming.

s8 jamInit (void)
{
    s8 result = ERROR;

if(JammingSubscriptionHdl != 0)
    {
        JammingDetectionUnSubscribe(JammingSubscriptionHdl);
    }

/* Jamming Detection algorithm start */
    JammingSubscriptionHdl = JammingDetectionSubscribe(jamHandler );

if (JammingSubscriptionHdl > 0)
    {
        TRACE((JAM_TRACE_LEVEL, "[jamInit] Jamming Detection Initialised OK"));
        result = OK;
    }
    else
    {
        TRACE((JAM_TRACE_LEVEL, "jamInit] Jamming Detection Initialised ERROR: %d", JammingSubscriptionHdl));
        result = ERROR;
    }

return result;
}

static void jamHandler (_wm_JammingEventId_e EventID, _wm_JammingStatus_e JammingStatus)
{
    if ((EventID == WM_JAMMING_FINAL_EVENT) && (JammingStatus == WM_JAMMING_JAMMED_STATUS))
    {
        TRACE((JAM_TRACE_LEVEL, "GSM Jamming detected"));
        alert(GSM_JAMMING_DETECTED);
    }
    else if ((EventID == WM_JAMMING_INTERMEDIATE_EVENT) && (JammingStatus >= WM_JAMMING_MEDIUM_STATUS))
    {
        TRACE((JAM_TRACE_LEVEL, "Possible GSM Jamming detected"));
    }
    else
    {
        TRACE((JAM_TRACE_LEVEL, "No GSM Jamming Detected"));
    }
}

The code is as simple as can be.
What could be different here with the SL6087?

Thanks!

Jsurf,

Just to confirm that you have the same firmware/OS on the WMP as the SL6087? What is the jammer you are using? Is it just a quad band noise jammer or does it just do dual band?

Can you tell me what the band selection settings (at+wmbs) are on the two units?

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick response.
I’ve programmed them both the same fw/OS (I’ve recompiled and reprogrammed just to be sure) and am using a quad band jammer.

The WMP and SL both return +WMBS: 7,0

Thanks!

One thing you could try is to download the extended application into the units, turn jamming detection on and see if it does the same thing.

Regards

Matt

Hi,

I’ve just given that a try and found the same thing. I’ve found a work around for now though. Once the unit gets a jammed status, I stop the RF with CFUN=4 then CFUN=1,0 to get things going again. After I’ve done that, I will then get the updated status when I turn off the jammer.

Thanks,