DS cannot connect to SL8080

I am working with the SL Series Development Kit with an SL8080 socket board and when I try to open a port (either Serial or USB) in the Developer Studio I get:

Open and load local port COM1 => ERROR: Time out: 20000ms
Open and load physical port COM1 => ERROR: Time out: 20000ms
Open port COM1 => DONE: Port opened
Open port COM1 => DONE: Port opened
Load informations from target => ERROR: Time out: 20000ms
Waiting for module detection => ERROR: Time out: 20000ms

I can communicate via Serial COM with TeraTerm (just sending AT commands), however, I cannot communicate at all via USB. I have all the accompanying drivers installed (they show up in the Device Manager), and I am working with the latest DS (2.3.1).

Is there anything settings in the SL8080 module that I need change or set? What am I missing?! Thanks all.

I found the module I am working with was configured to enable AT commands on UART. I issued an AT!MAPUART=0 and AT!RESET to remap back to USB. And when I try to connect DS with USB I get the error message:

Open and load local port COM28 => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Open and load physical port COM28 => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Open port COM28 => DONE: Success
Wait for USB port to reconnect => DONE: Success
Open port COM28 => DONE: Port opened
Pause : 1000 milliseconds => NO NEED TO DO IT: Success
Load informations from target => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Waiting for module detection => DONE: Target detected sn:null baudrate:null
Switch to Development mode and check => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Switch to Development mode => DONE: Success
Pause : 300 milliseconds => DONE: Success
Check dev mode unlocked => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Switch to Development mode and check => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test

AND console output:

AT+WMSN

ERROR
AT+CFUN=1

OK
AT+WMSN

ERROR

atat

OK

atat

OK

atat

OK

Is your module a T one? (SL8080T?)
Because if it’s not the case, it is not able to run the Open AT Application Framework, and is not compatible with Developer Studio.

Dear bvalletta,

Have a look here to double check that your module is a T variant fo the SL8080.

Hi, I cant connect to the AT Command port, as I am using Window 11 and the drivers they have on their site are for window 7 and 8.1. Can anyone please help me with the updated driver so that I can connect to my module.

This product has been end of life.

have you tried to install windows XP or Windows 7 on virtual machine and see if it can comunicate with the module?

Hi JyiJyi,
No havent tried that. Fortunately, it did start working when I installed different drivers on my laptop.

ehtesham.khan - What driver did you use and where did you find it??

Thanks in advance