Dev. Studio 2.2.1 - RXTX Version mismatch (Fedora17 x86_64)

Hello,
Can anyone help me ? I can’t switch my workspace to “target management” with the last version of Developper Studio. I’m getting the following warning from the command line a few second after I try to enable the target management perspective.

[root@mathieu eclipse]# ./eclipse
Stable Library
=========================================
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2
Java lib Version   = RXTX-2.1-7
WARNING:  RXTX Version mismatch
	Jar version = RXTX-2.1-7
	native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2

In the meantime, perspective loading fails with the message “Problems opening perspective ‘com.swi.tm.ui.perspective’”

my setup (fresh install):

• eclipse-cpp-indigo-SR1-incubation-linux-gtk-x86_64
  • Linux Fedora 17, 64bit version
  • Developer Studio 2.2.1
  • Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b05)

Best regards,
Mathieu Petit

Please don’t care about the version mismatch warning in the terminal: it isn’t the root cause of your problem…
But please have a look here: https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/dev-studio-in-ubuntu-32bit/5697/1
Well described: some packages to install + put your user in dialout group if needed, and it should run…

Thanks Daav… however, I tried your suggestion with no luck before posting. Maybe symptoms are the same but causes are different ?
At least for me, switching to the requested java version of rxtx solves the problem :

# cd /tmp
# wget http://rxtx.qbang.org/pub/rxtx/rxtx-2.2pre2-bins.zip
# unzip rxtx-2.2pre2-bins.zip
# #my eclipse is in /opt/eclipse
# mv /opt/eclipse/plugins/gnu.io.rxtx_2.2.0.v201203140900.jar /opt/eclipse/plugins/gnu.io.rxtx_2.2.0.v201203140900.jar.bak
# mv rxtx-2.2pre2-bins/RXTXcomm.jar /opt/eclipse/plugins/gnu.io.rxtx_2.2.0.v201203140900.jar
# exit
$ /opt/eclipse/eclipse &
$ #eclipse launches and works like a charm, target management and all..

Yet this is more a patch than a satisfactory solution:-(

Mathieu

Hi guys,

Is this not also the problem in OS X?

Regards,
Tyrone

Hi guys,

Just an update. Currently standing in the Apple store, and the patch gerard67 mentioned above seems to work. I now have Target Management Perspective loaded in OS X. I didn’t bring my FXT with me to test connectivity though. LOL!

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 12.04.08 PM.png[/attachment]

Cheerio!
Tyrone