SL6087 problem with Target Management

When connect the module and open the port, appears the next error
“Switch to Development mode and check => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Switch to Development mode and check => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Switch to Development mode => DONE: Success
Pause : 300 milliseconds => DONE: Success
Check dev mode unlocked => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Switch to Development mode and check => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Check dev mode unlocked => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test
Check dev mode unlocked => ERROR: An error ocurred during HAPC AT test”

I don’t know how to connect the SL6087 with the developer studio.

Sounds like your device can’t switch to development mode.
The reasons we can imagine are:

• either your device is locked in bootloader mode (FW can’t boot?) --> you can check it’s the case by trying to send a FW command, like ATI. If it replies ERROR, you’re locked in the bootloader. In this case you need to redownload a FW.

• or you maybe already used this device with DS on another port (from the device point of view), and development mode may be locked on this other port. If the FW is running on your device (cf first point above), try to send the AT+WDM=2 command to the device. If it answers something else than +WDM: 0, you need to unlock the development mode (by sending AT+WDM=0). After that, you should be able to connect to the device in development mode.

Hope this will help

I’m having the same problem with the SL8090. My module gives the exact same error in the Target Management perspective when I try to connect. When I try to download code to the module it tells me that it is unable to switch it into development mode and that it is indeed locked in bootloader mode. The solution here - to re-download the firmware doesn’t work in Target Management because without connecting properly I am unable to use the firmware or bootloader download mode. My ATI command does not return an error, but AT+WDM=2 does.

Can anyone add some color to this solution?

DS only supports devices which are able to run Open AT applications, and it is not the case for SL8090 devices…

oh - fair enough. I guess my stupid question would be - how do I program my SL8090 then? It still uses the AT command set, but doesn’t use any of the APIs or dev tools I already have…

So why is it featured as a “smart” i[/i] module:

sierrawireless.com/en/produc … t/LGA.aspx

Looks rather misleading to me… :question:

AFAIK, the SL809x is supposed to come in OpenAT version later on.
Possibly through upgrade of existing modules.

Hi

As of today, SL8090 does not support Open AT.

The plan to get Open AT on SL8090 is still under consolidation, and it is too early to share details. More information will come in 2013.

One point of clarification:
For all existing AirPrime SL809x module, it won’t be possible to upgrade them to an Open AT capable module.
Open AT has to be supported natively, it is not possible to upgrade a module to get it.

Christophe

So the website, as it stands, is misleading.

The website needs to state clearly and explicitly that these parts currently do not - and cannot - support Open-AT.