Discovery Tool release 1.7.0 now available !

Hi Everyone,

A new release of Discovery Tool is now available !

New main features of the 1.7.0 release are :

• WS6318 (validated on beta version B30_03gg only) and SL809X
  • Support of the coming AS COM USB driver
  • Miscellaneous corrections

Please, check the full release note here :
sierrawireless.com/support/a … overy_tool

Download the latest version:
sierrawireless.com/productsa … _Tool.aspx

If you have an older version of Discovery Tool, the tool will be suggest you to install the version on startup.

Be free to ask on this forum if you have any issue or suggest about Discovery Tool.

Marc

Hi all,

My Lenovo T420 laptop has “Sierra Wireless EMBEDDED AirPrime MC8355 - Gobi 3000” device and mobile broadband is working fine.
I have installed Discovery Tool v1.7.0 and the problem is after launching the application its not connecting to the device.

Below are the details of “Device Connection Settings” :

step 1: COM port management the status shows “COM port is currently open. Hit the disconnect to release the port”. In the STEP 1 do I need to select MODEM port or DIAG port ?

Step2 : Connection State:
It says “Unable to communicate with the connected device. Check Your connection”
Step3: connection is not ready or no SIM card is present.

How to successfully connect to device ?

Thanks,
Varma

Hi avarmap,

Unfortunately, the MC8355 is not supported by Discovery Tool.
Only the MC8790 and MC8790V products are supported in the Mini Card product family.

Sorry for the response delay,
Marc

Hello everybody!
I already twice have been trying to install Discovery Tool release 1.7.0 and it was a error both time!
I use Windows XP 32 bit SP3. I install Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0.11 (32-bit). The error is describing of a lot of lines in log windows:

!SESSION 2013-01-22 14:13:00.533 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_11
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=ru_RU
Framework arguments:
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data @config.dir/…/workspace

!ENTRY com.wavecom.openat.ide.installer 1 0 2013-01-22 14:13:28.783
!MESSAGE Checking local repo path: C:\Documents and Settings\Persidskiy\Local Settings\Temp\sfx4757968.tmp\repositories\discTool

!ENTRY com.wavecom.openat.ide.installer 1 0 2013-01-22 14:13:52.908
!MESSAGE Refresh Custom repository

!ENTRY com.wavecom.openat.ide.installer 1 0 2013-01-22 14:13:53.002
!MESSAGE Refresh Drivers repository

!ENTRY com.anwrt.p2.installer 1 0 2013-01-22 14:16:49.236
!MESSAGE Preparing repository for Discovery Tool

!ENTRY com.anwrt.p2.installer 1 0 2013-01-22 14:16:51.471
!MESSAGE Local install Discovery Tool to C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless 3\Discovery Tool

!ENTRY com.wavecom.spm.core 4 0 2013-01-22 14:16:51.471
!MESSAGE DirectorApplication Args:[-r, jar:file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Persidskiy/Local Settings/Temp/sfx4757968.tmp/repositories/discTool.zip!/, -installIU, com.wavecom.configtools.product/1.7.0.201202101546, -destination, C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless 3\Discovery Tool, -profile, discToolProfile, -profileProperties, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, -roaming, -flavor, tooling, -p2.os, win32, -p2.ws, win32, -p2.arch, x86]
!STACK 0
java.lang.Exception: DirectorApplication Args:[-r, jar:file:/C:/Documents and Settings/Persidskiy/Local Settings/Temp/sfx4757968.tmp/repositories/discTool.zip!/, -installIU, com.wavecom.configtools.product/1.7.0.201202101546, -destination, C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless 3\Discovery Tool, -profile, discToolProfile, -profileProperties, org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, -roaming, -flavor, tooling, -p2.os, win32, -p2.ws, win32, -p2.arch, x86]
at com.wavecom.spm.utils.AbstractActivator.log(AbstractActivator.java:102)
at com.wavecom.spm.pluginmanager.DirectorAppUtil.installIUIdInProfile(DirectorAppUtil.java:298)
at com.wavecom.spm.pluginmanager.DirectorAppUtil.installIUInProfile(DirectorAppUtil.java:247)
at com.anwrt.p2.installer.install.DefaultInstallProcess.install(DefaultInstallProcess.java:28)
at com.wavecom.openat.ide.installer.config.CustomInstallProcess.install(CustomInstallProcess.java:56)
at com.anwrt.p2.installer.install.InstallableElement.install(InstallableElement.java:705)
at com.anwrt.p2.installer.install.InstallableElementManager.installElements(InstallableElementManager.java:91)
at com.anwrt.p2.installer.wizard.AbstractInstallPage$1$1.run(AbstractInstallPage.java:92)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

!ENTRY com.anwrt.p2.installer 1 0 2013-01-22 14:17:22.377
!MESSAGE Now installed: Discovery Tool

!ENTRY com.anwrt.p2.installer 1 0 2013-01-22 14:17:22.377
!MESSAGE Preparing repository for Drivers

I am sorry for so large message but I feel utter confusion. I need this Discovery Tool and I do not know what to do? :frowning:

Hello

We have experienced issues using the JVM 7 with Discovery.
Maybe you should try using the Java JVM 6.

Regards

Unfortunately I have got the same result with Java JVM Version 6 Update 38. Do you have any ideas about my problems more?

Best regards
Kirill

Hi Kirill,

Please can you check under “C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless 3\Discovery Tool” if you don’t have the discoveryTool.exe file.

If not, retry the installation but unselect all the SPM packages (select only discovery).

If not, you can unzip manually the temporary downloaded archive you can find under a path that look like:
C:/Documents and Settings/Persidskiy/Local Settings/Temp/sfx4757968.tmp/repositories/discTool.zip
(see your last log to have the right path)

Regards,
Marc

Hi, Marc.

I have checked under “C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless 3\Discovery Tool”. The discoveryTool.exe file is present there.
But the installation process was been interrupted at the beginning. I ran discoveryTool.exe but the program is suspended of course. :slight_smile:

What is your recommendation now?

Best regards
Kirill

Hi, Marc.
This is me again. :slight_smile:
I could manage to copy the whole sfx3466625.tmp file just next the installation was interrupted by the error before closing the installation window. That file has 3 folders: eclipse, repositories, workspace. The largest size discTool.zip file is in the folder repositories as you know. I guess it is possible to make installation by hand (manually) but I do not know how. Can you help me? What files I must copy and where to make the installation by hand?

Best regards
Kirill

Kirill,

To perform an install of discovery, you just have to unzip un the disctool.zip in a folder, and run the exe.
Stay aware to use the 1.6 Java version as we don’t have tested with the 1.7.

Marc

I am sorry!
What folder must I unzip the disctool.zip to ?
And there is no any *.exe files in the content of disctool.zip! There are only *.jar files!

Waiting for your further help.

Kirill

Kirill_7, I’ve just sent you a Private Message to solve you problem.

I hope it will help you.

Grand merci !

Everything is OK now.

Kirill