Compiling SDK at embedded Linux 3.10.12

Hello,

I using MC7304 with FW “SWI9X15C_06.03.32.02” at my HW (not PC). Until now I would initiate a Data call via AT commands but without success. My device is attached to the network and also to GPRS. But I don´t find a way to make a ping (or something else) to see that traffic over the bridge works fine.

In this forum I found a statement that a start of data connection is not possible without QMI SDK. Therefore I would compile it.

My HW using embedded linux 3.10.12. The drivers GobiSerial and GobiNet I have installed successfully. Now I would compiling SDK with version SLQS03.03.10.

In document Linux QMI SDK Application developers guide I got some information to handling the SDK. But the description to building the SDK is a little bit confusing for me.

What can I do to compile it?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards
Thomas

This is not true for MC73xx. It is possible with AT commands.
AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“”
AT!SCACT=1,1

Then in Linux yuo must most likely run dhclient for the proper interface.

If you download the QMI SDK from the source it is a binary package. So you don’t need to compile it. To get started try one of the sample applications like the connection manager.

Hello krima919,

thanks for your reply.
My settings of my modem are:

AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,“IP”,“internet.eplus.de”,“0.0.0.0”,0,0
+CGDCONT: 2,“IPV4V6”,“ims”,“0.0.0.0”,0,0
+CGDCONT: 3,“IPV4V6”,“nxtgenphone”,“0.0.0.0”,0,0
+CGDCONT: 4,“IPV4V6”,“sos”,“0.0.0.0”,0,0
OK
AT!SCACT=1,1
OK
AT!SCACT?
!SCACT: 1,0
!SCACT: 2,0
!SCACT: 3,0
!SCACT: 4,0
OK

On my HW I can use dhcp6c, but currenty I have no experiences with it.

The source code of QMI SDK application I got from source.sierrawireless.com/resour … 03,-d-,10/.
My platform is an embedded HW with mips architecture. As far as I know it does not supported by QMI yet. ;-(

It seems like AT!SCACT fails in your case. It should look like my example below. Verify that the APN is correct and that you are registered in the network.

at+creg?
+CREG: 0,1
OK
at+cops?
+COPS: 1,0,"3 3",7
OK

at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","data.tre.se","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 2,"IP","data.tre.se","0.0.0.0",0,0
OK

at!scact?
!SCACT: 1,0
OK

at!scact=1,1
OK

at!scact?
!SCACT: 1,1
OK

After running AT!SCACT=1,1 I use “sude dhclient eth2” in the host. eth2 is the first port enumerated on the MC7304. After that I can see that the interface get an IP using ifconfig. I have no experience with dhcp6c.

It is supported. Take a look in the build/bin of that package. As you can see there is a binary of the SDK for both MIPS and MIPSEL(little endian).
It seems like the sample applications are only pre built for MIPSEL. But it ise easy to build the sample applications. Just run make in path of any of the sample apps.