Burning MC7354 to different Carrier

Sorry if post to the wrong place. But I am new to 3G/4G router and we bought some SIERRA MC7354 module which currently is for AT&T. So now we need it for Verizon. We download the file Build4285-Approved-7354-EXE which looks like some sort of executable that can be run on windows plateform. But how do I hookup my computer to the SIERRA MC7354 module? On the 3G/4G router which have the MC7354 module attached, only have ethernet port on it and is running some sort of linux OS (I think is tomato hyper wrt). So is there anyway I can “burn” the module with Verizon by using this 3G/4G router or do I need some other hardware so I can hook the mdoule to my computer and run those files?

Oh and one more question, is MC7354 for both AT&T and Verizon the same “hardware”? And then we simply “burn” different file on there to make it compatible with AT&T or Verizon?

Thank you very much!

Hi,
On linux you have to use SDK application to download FW. Is there any USB connection between your router and PC?

Thanks,
Alex

no, there is no usb connection, only LAN/WAN ethernet ports on the back of the router. And what I am trying to figure out is that do I have to buy the “kits” with hardware via Sierra to burn the module to a different carrier.

Or maybe let me clarify more, can I buy your:

AirPrime MC Series Development Kit

estore.sierrawireless.com/airpri … pment_kit/

and with the MC7354 module I have, I can use the kit to turn the module to be either AT&T or Verizon? So my main question would be that is there a DIFFERENT VERSION (hardware wise) of MC7354 for AT&T and Verizon? Or are they the SAME CHIP (hardware) but that we can “make it” to be AT&T or Verizon by simply “burning” a different firmeware on it?

Thank you Alex for helping out.

Hi,
Yes you need to buy a Sierra wireless Dev kit to burn the FW to your module.

MC7354 can store multiple FW images… we can switch between the images given that we have downloaded the FW of that particular image before…

!GOBIIMPREF command will provide you the Image Management preferences.

Link to At command guide: http://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/minicard/4114486_airprime_mc73xx-8805_at_command_reference/

Thanks,
Alex