FXT009 Firmware upgrade - purpose of w.dwl file?

Hello,

When reading the forum about the firmware upgrade procedure for Fastrack Xtend FXT009, I noticed the following sequence :

• Download the bootloader (dwl.dwl file)
  • Download the firmware (for example R7.47.4_fxt009.dwl file)

In some topics ([url]https://forum.sierrawireless.com/t/modem-firmware-update/6021/1]), another file is discussed:

• w.dwl

I would like to know what is this file and if this file is absolutely required or not to correctly upgrade the firmware on Fastrack Xtend FXT009.
Actually, I do not download this file on my Fastracks and I would like to know if I’m wrong or not.

Thanks.

Marc

Hi,

w.dwl is the configuration fiel having all the eeprom parameters set.

This file needs to be downloaded when there are updates in eeprom parameters.When new params are added.

Thanks.

Thank for the answer.

Some other questions:

• For Fastrack Xtend FXT009 delivered in firmware initial version 7.43, is there any need to update the w.dwl file when upgrading modems to firmware version 7.47.4 ?
  • When upgrading an FXT009 with the Developer Studio (update both bootloader and firmware files), is the w.dwl is automatically updated or not ? Because there is no section about this file in the Developer Studio, in the Status property page.

Thanks.
Marc

Hi,
In teh developer studio,when the firmware file along with the bootloader file is downloaded,firmware file is the full binary file i.e. firmware file for specific module +w.dwl file.

Thanks.

OK Thanks.

Hi everyone!

I´m working with fastrack xtend Modem and Developer Studio (version 2.3.0).

I need to upgrade my firmware from 7.47.0 to 7.47.6, but I don`t know how to do this, is there any option in Developer Studio to do this ?

Forgive my bad english, i´m from México.

Thanks for any suggestion or procedure to do this.

Diego.

Hello Diego,

Here is a solution with Developer Studio:
Open the Packages Manager and download Open AT Application Framework package 2.37.6.201301161050.
In the Target Management, connect your FXT009.
In Bootloader section, click the update button and select the corresponding bootloader to update the FXT009.
In Firmware section, click the update button and select the corresponding firmware to update the FXT009.

Check out the Help of Developer Studio : Developer Studio User Guide / Target Management / Download.

Marc

thanks, that´s what I needed.

best regards

Diego