SL8082TR OpenUSB support, FTDI chip

Hello,

I wish to use the USB interface of my device to communicate with an FTDI FT232RL chip. I think Open USB could be of use in that case.

I am wondering if the SL8082TR is compatible with the OpenAT framework’s ADL Open USB feature. I see in the ADL User Guide 4.2 That the Open USB Interface is not supported on AirPrime SL8082T does that mean it is supported on SL8082TR that is in the Maestro Wireless M100 3G ?

There is a library that can be used to communicate with FTDI chips, that is libFTDI. This library has libUSB as a dependency. Do you think it would be possible to compile those libraries on the SL8082TR ?

Thank you.

Hi,

Pretty sure the answer to this is no, the abstraction between the OpenAT layer and the actual hardware is just too great to be able to modify the actual USB. You are right re the BT and BTR, they are different hardware but the same baseband operating with the same are so have the same limitations.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,
Thank you for your answer.
I hope I will be able to use the serial port instead, with Open UART. Will try this.
Have a nice day !

Don’t mean to put a dampener on things but I think the same limitation applies to this as well however give it a go.

Regards

Matt

Hello,

I tried using the Open UART feature. I execute the adl_odOpen function which seems to be the new name for the adl_OpenDevice function. This function takes a pointer to a sUartSettings_t structure that contains a pointer to a pointer to a sGItfCont_t structure. Firstly, is seems stange to use a pointer to a pointer. In the ADL User Guide, section 4.1.4.1.1. page 503, the example use a pointer to a structure and not a pointer to a pointer to a structure. I tried both. in both cases, the handle I get back from the function is -1 and the interface pointers to functions are not initialized.

Too bad this is not supported on the chip. Is there another way to get access to the UART interface ? Maybe using arm926ej-s programming that is lower level programming.

I might have to look for another chip.
Is there an equivalent chip supporting openUSB or at least openUART out there ?

Thank you.