NREC Enabling/Disabling flag

Hi,

So, currently I’m using v6.1.5 on my BC127 Discovery board.
What I’m currently trying to do is to disable all the audio processing (noise reduction or any other) that is happening on the board, through enabling the ‘NREC’ flag as it is recommended on the Manual. When I do this, I still leave the CVC disabled, so I don’t get any processing from there.
My HFP_Config is OFF ON OFF ON OFF.
With the flag settings shown above, the noise reduction is actually even heavier than if I use OFF ON OFF OFF OFF.

Could I please have some feedback on this subject? Thanks!

Sincerely,
João

@mlw
Sorry to bother, but would it be possible to have a look at this as well?
Thanks!

Sincerely,
João

Hi,

Is it possible to get some help with this one?
Thanks!

Sincerely,
João

@EELeuven,

You need to be a little more detailed in how you are running the test and subsequently determining that there is ‘heavy’ NR being applied…

Regards

Matt

@mlw
Thanks for the help :slight_smile:
So atm, I’m running a test under two different conditions, using the discovery kit (orange board): (tested this using v6.1.5 and v7.3)

• NREC Enabled ( all the other flags stay as default)

• NREC Disabled (all the other flags stay as default)
    Board was rebooted after writing this new values to the memory.

I feed in white noise into the MICIN input of the BC127 and then I’m capturing the output of the Bluetooth of the BC127.

Input to the BC127:

Output of the BC127:

The output of the BC127 happens regardless of NREC being set to ON or OFF. The results indicate that there is processing, but from the documentation when NREC=ON, the output should be the same as the input. Do you have any idea why? Is there any other flag that is triggering some automatic gain control?

Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,
João

Hi,

Would it be possible to let me know if there’s going to be any firmware change to correct this?
Currently, there’s no difference between having the flag NREC set to ON or OFF.

Sinecrely,
João