After integrating the latest Sierra HAL into my Android build, still can’t seem to make it work.
I followed the integration guide so I hope someone on this forum can help.
- NXP i.MX6 processor (kernel 4.1.15)
- Android 7.1.1
- Sierra HAL V7.1.4
- HL7588 modem
- Kernel driver seems to be fine (wwan0-3 are up)
- Android always shows the “No SIM” icon although a SIM is inserted
- No communication can be made
Here are some logs in case it helps:
- The driver used for the HL7588 seems to be cdc_ncm so it seemed right to choose sys.ril.type=HL, can you confirm this is correct?
- The logcat always shows “getIccId: No UICC”, is it normal?
- How can we make the SIM card properly recognized?
- The firmware part is confusing, should a specific firmware be flashed on HL7588? Seems that only .exe files are provided…
- Can this modem work on other carriers than VRZ and ATT? For instance, would this work in Europe with Orange carrier?
Thanks in advance,