Gobi serial USB buffer size, how to increase?

I ran into an issue the other day, trying to change some carrier aggregation settings. When running the command AT!LTECA? on Windows, I get a very long response. Running the same thing on my Linux machine I get no answer. Other AT commands work just fine, but this response seems to be too long, about 5k.
Searching a bit, I don’t find any clear answers, but a few places it is suggested to increase the serial UART buffer from 4k up to whatever is needed, but that didn’t seem to work.
I didn’t find much in the GobiSerial driver, and not much in the usb-serial driver either, so I am a bit lost on how to make this work properly.
Does anyone have any idea?

Hi @dannypoulsen

Please use the latest GobiSerial driver (S2.39N2.60) from Sierra at here:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/usb-drivers-linux-qmi-software-s2,-d-,39n2,-d-,60/#sthash.HKNWRdCi.dpbs

I can get a very long response, When I enter the command AT!LTECA? on MC7455 FW 02.33.03.00, Ubuntu 18.04 with the latest GobiSerial driver (S2.39N2.60) from Sierra.

Please help to mark “Solution” if your question is answered. So the community could easily find the solution for their problems.

I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

1 Like

Ok, not sure what happened on my end, but now even my Windows Putty causes the modem to reset and restart.
The output you get is not even close to what I used to get, your output is at best 1500 bytes. I tried most other AT commands and none made that long output.
Maybe it is the AT modem handler afterall