GL7500 Connection with Bell Mobility

I have a sim card with Bell on a tablet internet “Flex” plan and I cannot activate the connection. The modem was purchased from digi-key with the ATT firmware and I can see the LED flashing every 2s, indicating that it is communicating with the network, however I cannot send and receive data.

When i first plug the modem in the PDP context gets initialized and the AT output looks like:


+CGREG: 4

+CGEV: NW CLASS A

+CREG: 1,"2BC4","01BD4A46",7

+CGREG: 1,"FFFF","01BD4A46",7,"FF"

+CEREG: 1,"2BDB","01BD4A46",7

+CGEV: ME PDN ACT 1

+CEREG: 1,"2BDB","01BD4A00",7

AT+CGDCONT?

+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","ota.bell.ca","100.69.231.127",0,0,0,0,0,0

From my understanding through conversations with Bell technical support and a quick google, the APN that I’m meant to be on should be “pda.bell.ca” instead of “ota.bell.ca”.

I then tried adding another PDP context (“2”) with the proper APN using:


AT+CGDCONT=2,”IP”,”pda.bell.ca”


After I activate context 2 and deactivate context 1, I get the following:


AT+CGDCONT?

+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0,0,0

+CGDCONT: 2,"IP","pda.bell.ca","10.102.164.164",0,0,0,0,0,0

I then try to send data by issuing the following ATDT command, which returns:


ATDT*99***2#

CONNECT

~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~~▒}#▒!}!}!} }8}!}$}%▒}"}&} } } } }%}& QtX}'}"}(}"▒-~

NO CARRIER

+CGEV: NW DETACH

+CREG: 0

+CGREG: 0

+CEREG: 0

+CGEV: ME PDN DEACT 2

+CREG: 1,"2BC4","01BD4A28",7

+CGREG: 1,"FFFF","01BD4A28",7,"FF"

+CEREG: 1,"2BDB","01BD4A28",7

+CGEV: ME PDN ACT 1

This means results in PDP context 2 becoming deactivated and PDP context 1 becoming reactivated, so when i check the contexts using AT+CGDCONT? I get:


AT+CGDCONT?

+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","ota.bell.ca","10.156.178.118",0,0,0,0,0,0

+CGDCONT: 2,"IP","pda.bell.ca","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0,0,0

And i still can’t get a connection….

Hi @tmcarthur,
It looks like PDP cid =2 is not acceptable. If you are using non-Verizon carrier please refer below
HL7588 on Other Networks
PDP context IDs (CIDs) are designed with the following purposes:
• CID=1 is reserved for IMS by LTE protocol stack
• CID=5 is reserved for Sierra Wireless AirVantage (AVMS)
If you are sure ”pda.bell.ca”is used for LTE so please change as below then try again
AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”pda.bell.ca”
Please share any concern you have including the error. Help us tick Solution if your problem is solved
Thanks

I can’t seem to change PDP cid=1. I get error 148. See below:

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","pda.bell.ca"
+CME ERROR: 148