BC127: Pair/bond to BLE peripheral?

@manish,

I have got it working between two BC127’s, do a restore to the unit beforehand.

set bt_state_config=2 2   //Unit being connected to, this may or may not be necessary
OK
write
OK
reset
Sierra Wireless Copyright 2018
Melody Audio V7.2 RC2 BA
Build: 1533230344
Ready
advertising on
OK
OPEN_OK 14 BLE 4B55C93DAD76
PAIR_PENDING
PAIR_OK 20FABB075D3F
BLE_PAIR_OK 4B55C93DAD76 20FABB075D3F

The below is for the unit doing the connecting.

scan 5
PENDING
SCAN 4B4750CC45CE 1 <BC075DD3> 1A -58dBm
SCAN_OK
open 4B4750CC45CE BLE 1
PENDING
OPEN_OK 14 BLE 4B4750CC45CE
list
OK
BLE_SECURITY 14
PENDING
PAIR_PENDING
PAIR_OK 20FABB075DD3
BLE_PAIR_OK 4B4750CC45CE 20FABB075DD3
BLE_SECURITY 14 0

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried the same set of commands between two BC127 devices, it’s working fine.
But, I am facing issue when connecting BC127 with any BLE enabled headphone via BLE.
Could you please try opening BLE connection between BC127 and any of the BLE enabled headphones available with you and share the result.

I have explored on BLE_CONN_PARAMS also. But, didn’t find any luck. Could you please check once whether I need to modify default BLE_CONN_PARAMS for connecting with headphones?

Regards,
Manish

@manish,

When you say BLE enabled headphones what do you mean, are you using BLE to control them or do you intend to send audio over BL as this is a long way for generically working, let alone on the BC127. Audio needs to be sent via the A2DP profile using BTC.

I do not have any ‘BLE headphones’ can give an example?

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

What I meant by “BLE enabled headphones” is I should be able to open a BLE connection between BC127 and headphones. I need BLE connection to send some byte stream data to headphone not the audio.

Regards,
Manish

@manish,

Still need an example of headphones that would require this. Most commands for headphones such as play, FF, RW, volume up/down, etc are all sent over the standard AVRCP channel so no BLE required. Certainly not something I can test.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

I am not using A2DP, AVRCP, HFP profiles. I want to establish BLE connection between BC127 and headphones for our customized use-case to send byte stream over BLE. Could you please try opening BLE connection and set BLE_SECURITY and let us know your result.

Regards,
Manish

@manish,

I can only really show you a link between two devices I can control so that you can see what is going on at both ends and that would be between two BC127’ which I have done in the below post.

Regards

Matt