I’m trying to get the Q52 Sample Tracking Application going on a loaner development kit. After compiling the software from the application note I tried to find out how to download it to the target. Referring to the documentation the only thing I found about downloading was the following. I didn’t find the ‘Target Management’ button until afterwards:
So, I followed that routine and assumed DWLWin was the download program. After downloading my application I went to run it and there is no response from the board at any baud rate.
There’s the history, here’s my questions.
- Will downloading the user app in this manner overwrite the firmware that runs the console? Is that why I have no response?
- Should I see the ‘target management’ application connect to the development board anyway (Target Management puts up an error message saying the serial connection is established but the target is unresponsive)?
- Is there a way for me to try a recovery of sorts on the Q52, so that I can start fresh?
- Are there any other ideas about why I get no response from the development board?
- Since this is a loaner board something else may have happened to it previously, what other things can I do to try and revert it to an original state.
- All software is exactly the same version as the Q52 Sample tracking application note requests.
- DWLWin claims a sucessful download of the code
- Tried on two different computers
- Serial connection at 115200 8-N-1 w/ hardware flow control (but other configs have been attempted). Cable has been pinned out.
- All jumpers for UART 1 are in place on the Q52 daughter board. (DSR was initially missing and I added it, have attempted both ways).
- Tried both service and normal mode